Business Growth Advice Australia – Rules of Conduct
The Business Growth Advice Australia group is a great place to come together with fellow business owners to share tips, questions, strategies, tools and seek advice in order to expand our knowledge and grow our businesses.
This is an amazing, fast-growing, FREE Facebook group.
We are motivated to maintain the supportive environment that we have created which is why these rules are super important. And we stick to those rules.
Meet the Team:
Nick Psaila: Founder of Upcoach, Business Growth Expert and regular contributor of content to the group.
Chris Herbert: Creator of this group, Business Growth Expert and regular contributor.
Robyn Soleta: Admin of the group, Digital Marketing Specialist & regular contributor.
Tony Crossin: Moderator of this group, Business Growth Expert & regular contributor.
By being a part of this community you are agreeing to these rules listed below.
- NO SELF PROMOTION
No self-promotion is allowed, except where otherwise stated by admins.
Definition of self-promotion:
- posting a link to your own website
- posting affiliate links
- selling anything – that means services, products, courses, events and programs
- promoting your events or webinars
- posting your own content in the group and not in a specific (and relevant) thread. This includes posting links to surveys or creating surveys in the group, posting photos with your social handles, URLs or business name on them AND posting “free” offers
- posting full blog post content, or a post that is a length of a blog post, even without a link.
No self-promotion especially applies to the following service providers:
- seo marketers
- adwords marketers
- facebook marketers
- content writers
- website developers
- business coaching providers
- life coaches
This group is run by companies that provide these services, so don’t join our group and try and take work away from us.
This is why we built the group.
We reserve this right as it is our group and community.
2. VIDEOS ARE ALLOWED
If you have created a video that shares hints, tips or advice, you are welcome to post it in our group, so long as it follows the following guidelines:
1.) There must not be a call to action in the video, such as ‘contact me now for …something’ ‘go to our website … ‘
2.) The video must provide knowledge-based.
3.) The video can have a watermark on it, but not been plastered with branding.
4.) If you find a video from someone else that’s awesome, great! Create a post and share it.
3. NO SOLICITATION OR REQUESTS TO PM YOU
Do not post in the group and ask people to PM you to find out more about what you offer, how you can help or to work with you.
Your comments (and YOU) will be removed and banned.
4. BE A GREAT CONTRIBUTOR & BE HELPFUL
- Be polite.
- Bring positivity to the group
- Don’t question admins or moderators.
- Serve first, always
- No second chances.
That means respecting people’s feelings, privacy and rights. If you’re rude or disrespectful or spammy…expect to be banned.
Provide genuine and helpful feedback and suggestions to others.
- Ask questions.
- Give answers.
Be the kind of supportive friend that you want and need on your entrepreneurial journey. Remember: We are all here to help each other…so always give more than you take, thanks.
5. NO RANTING OR CARRYING ON
If you start your post with the words, ‘this is a rant’, please don’t post it.
Go rant on your own page, not in ours thanks.
6. WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE
We don’t want hero’s in the group that swear and cuss.
If you do that and you offend our members, expect to say hello to the ban button, quickly.
7. DON’T MESSAGE ADMINs OR MODERATORS.
If you have a question about why your post was deleted, chances are you broke the rules. Please read the rules.
If you don’t agree with these rules, please leave.
Other than that, let’s have some fun!
**Note: These rules are subject to change without notice and admins are exempt from these rules.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS GROUP
- Don’t come in with a spam-plan. Instead, show up with the intention to connect, serve and help our community, not to sell.
- When you’re creating a post, make it original, helpful and fun. If it’s the same old boring blog post with veiled sales content and a picture of you, we see right through it.
- Don’t share the same content across 100 different Facebook groups. Many people belong to those same groups and see your same posts repeated. Besides, this group deserves a lot better than that.
- If you show up just to post your content and not help out your fellow community members, they notice…expect to be banned, bang! It’s a big group and while it may seem like people don’t notice your presence, they do.
- Share your thoughts and experiences because they are valuable to others. Just remember…go easy on the sad stories.
The more insights and guidance, the better!
Thanks for reading, now let’s have some fun!